Maryanne of Beadboard UpCountry presented me with an award. I am delighted! However, I am required to tell seven things about myself that most of you don't know. That's a stretch for two reasons:
- I'm not that complicated...seven things?
- I'm such a blabber mouth...are there seven things still unknown?
Here's the dirty laundry:
- I translate the French blog Un Coeur en Provence into the English version, A Heart in Provence, and I don't even speak French. I've been reading French design magazines for years and have French designer friends, so I do translations like I'm code cracking, while retaining Laeriss's poetic touch. (I think I have been hampered in learning to speak French because Tall Husband, my daughter and my grandchildren all speak French. And they all laugh at my pronunciation.)
- I used to speak German quite well.
- I've been married three times, each time to a Texan...something about those Texans!
- As you can tell by #3, I don't put up with much.
- I'm a Zebra, as I have a rare genetic disorder, porphyria, which triggered a few years ago. (Paula, the daughter of Isabel Allende, died from porphyria. One day I'll tell you the story about how one of Allende's books saved my life.)
- I love British murder mysteries.
- We have a painful Texas mystery: Years ago, right before my wedding day, my stepfather who had adopted me, disappeared while on a fishing trip. Foul play was suspected, however, his body was never found.
O.K. You can wake up now!
Now I'm supposed to pass this award to seven other admired bloggers. However, I can't make that choice because I love you all...so this award is for all the blogs on my blog list and for all the wonderful bloggers who follow my blogs. So, claim this award for your blogs, along with my admiration for all that you do.